21 September, 2007

First Rain

We've had the first rain of the season. My boys and I went out to catch raindrops as the thunder rolled in the distance. Soon the hills will green up again, and woodsmoke will fill the air.

Last night, my son curled up in front of the fire to fall asleep there despite the work my wife and I still had to do in the room. There is something comforting about the shift to winter life focused on inside spaces and activities, crafts and baking, games and of course, more reading.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Unsugarcoated Reviews said...

I want to experience winter, since we don't have winter here in our country. It's either scorching hot or incredibly wet.

But it sure is lovely to be cozy and indoors during a downpour :)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Ettrick said...

When I sent this to Radio Scotland, Tom Morton commented that on the day we had rain here, they'd just had snow. They'd been having rain all summer long, so it did not particularly impress them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home